300 Crescent Court, Suite 1350
Dallas, Texas 75201
Download V Card
Lani Payne Sandu, J.D., LL.M., completed her LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center and her J.D. cum laude from the Southern Methodist University School of Law. She graduated magna cum laude from Baylor University with a double major in Economics and International Business. Ms. Payne has previously worked as a Tax Associate at Deloitte & Touche, LLP in Denver, Colorado, and KPMG, LLP in Dallas.
Education & Accreditations
- Baylor University (2006)
Bachelor’s of Business in Economics and International Business
magna cum laude
Top 5% of class in 3.5 years
Delta Sigma Pi, Vice President of Chapter Operations
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (2010)
J.D., cum laude
International Law Review, Staff Editor, Article Editor, Case Note Editor
Philip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition, 3rd Best Brief Super-Regionally
Int’l Law Review Case Comment Finalist: “The European Return Directive: An Inconspicuous Way to Weave Humanitarian Rights Violations Into Law”
- Georgetown University Law Center (2011)
Master of Laws in Taxation
The Tax Lawyer, Case Note Mentor
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Colorado
Professional Memberships & Designations
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Colorado Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Randy Price, Nadim Rahman, Bill Yohana & Lani Payne, Transfer Pricing and Intra-Group Financing, Int’l Law Rev. (July 09, 2012).
- Fluent in Spanish and French. Proficient in Italian.
- Interests include: Travel, Dogs, Tennis, Running, and Cooking.